WP leaders: Xavier Pepin, Sanofi-Aventis Research and Development and Amin Rostami, University of Manchester
The objectives of WP4 are:
- Data collection and data management.
- Set up and establish model quality indicators to account for improvements from the initial gap analysis using current tools and throughout the project to monitor the progresses made.
- Refinement of integrative in silico tools for bioavailability anticipation by developing enhanced physiological data base, new model algorithm and new in vitro inputs in link with WPs 1-3.
- Development of framework for API formulation type selection and identification of biowaiver (in vitro BE) opportunities based on predictive models.
- Dissemination and propagation of information related to model based drug development concerning oral absorption.
In essence the objectives proposed within WP4 are intimately linked with the achievements of WPs1-3. Indeed, integrative tools will make use of the measured values for solubility, permeability, and precipitation rate and of the physical models of these, which will come from WP1-3. By iterative approaches, and the testing of several inputs to the models coupled to model refinements, the ultimate aim is to progress in terms of quality of bioavailability anticipation.