OrBiTo researchers received multiple awards at the AAPS annual meeting. AAPS is the worlds largest pharmaceutics conference and the winners were:
- Andrés Olivares-Morales (Manchester) : AAPS Graduate Student Research Achievement Award in PK, PD, and Drug Metabolism and Clinical Pharmacology and Translation Research
- Predicting the higher bioavailability observed for oxybutinin’s OROS formulation compared to the immediate-release (IR) tablet using a novel simplified absorption PBPK model
- Philip Jonas Sassene (Copenhagen): AAPS Lipid-Based Drug Delivery Graduate Student Award
- In vivo precipitation of poorly soluble drugs from lipid based formulations
- Bart Hens (Leuven): AAPS Oral Absorption Focus Group Graduate Student Award
- Precipitation of posaconazole upon entry in the upper small intestine in man
In addition, OrBiTo overall were very visible at the meetng with 7 posters and a symposium on PBPK in the plenary lecture also was live streamed.